What sets LPDA apart from the others?
Our practice is one of the few multi-provider pediatric dental practices in our area where every dentist in the practice is board certified by the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry (ABPD). Not all pediatric dentists are board certified. According to the ABPD:
The ABPD certifies pediatric dentists based on standards of excellence that lead to high quality oral health care for infants, children, adolescents, and patients with special health care needs. Certification by the ABPD provides assurance to the public that a pediatric dentist has successfully completed accredited training and a voluntary examination process designed to continually validate the knowledge, skills, and experience requisite to the delivery of quality patient care.
At LPDA, we have been serving our patients a unique and evidence-based approach to pediatric dentistry since 1985. Our board-certified, hospital trained pediatric dentists provide outstanding care for our pediatric dental patients that fits the needs of every family. We will go the distance for your child’s treatment needs.
We provide a dental home for our patients. This means that we provide comprehensive, continuously accessible, family-centered, compassionate, and culturally-effective pediatric dental care. We believe that part of being healthy is having good oral health and we make it a goal for all of our patients.
What about the little things, things you don’t see or know that happen?
- We strictly adhere to all current HIPAA and OSHA guidelines and review them annually.
- When preparing teeth for fillings, we use a new dental bur for each procedure visit, then discard it.
- We disinfect each treatment room after every patient use.
- We wear personal protective equipment and maintain universal precautions of infection control for all of our patients.
- We require informed consent for all treatments. You have a choice in your child’s treatment.
- We update your child’s medical history at every checkup, and measure their height and weight.
- We perform an AAPD Caries Risk Assesment
- We provide a latex-free environment.
- We encourage a parent to be in the treatment room with their child.
- Our practice provides emergency dental care 24/7 for our patients. You can talk to our doctors, not leave a message or call back later.
- We sterilize our handpieces (“the drill”) for every patients at every appointment.
- Our patients can earn “No Cavity Club” status. They receive giveaways at every visit.
- We make our patients feel special and comfortable in a child-friendly, child-centered atmosphere.
- We accommodate the schedules of our patients and families.
- We can accommodate multiple family members at the same time for their preventive dental care visits.
- We have a large office with lots of privacy.
- Our best compliment comes from other pediatric dentists who say, “Your practice provides pediatric dentistry the way we were trained.”